The Ministry of the Environment developed the Municipal Industrial Strategy for Abatement (MISA), to protect the safety and quality of Ontario’s water resources.
The course will give participants an understanding of:
- How the Ontario Government developed the strategy to improve the protection of Ontario’s water resources.
- Main objectives of a sewer use bylaw.
- Impacts of Industrial waste on wastewater collection and treatment facilities, as well as the natural environment and public health risks.
- Components of a sewer use bylaw and how its enforcement protects wastewater infrastructure and the environment.
- Roles and responsibilities of participants in the sewer use bylaw program.
* All course fees include 13% HST tax